Pages

Saturday 6 August 2016

Cook Island Language Week


Today We had visitors from the Auckland Museum. They came to speak Cook Island to us. I learnt lots of stuff like the coconut tree is the tree of life. They taught us about the vaka . At the end we had two games. I participated in making a hole on a piece of wood. Of course I failed but Havea got it on his first go. The Kiwi’s took the idea of the Cook Islanders on making the vaka. The vaka was used to make a speed boat for the U.S.A. I learnt a variety of things such as how to navigate without a compass or map. It was great fun I think you should visit the Auckland Museum because you will find lots of different canoes or Waka.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Zain
I really liked how you you told the truth and said you failed on your first try. I also have met those people and using those drills made by hands was a challenging experience. Did you have a go trying to attach the 2 peices of wood together with the niu?

Unknown said...

Ni hau Zain,
You have explained really well of what they did. I agree that it did look hard but it really wasn't. Another point you could include is that why was it hard. would you practise more to get better.

Unknown said...

Ni Hao Zain
Wow! I like your little paragraph on the cook Island culture and history. I wish I was at school that day so that I could of learned more about cook Island. When the cook Island visitors came did they talk about how they carved and stuff?

Anonymous said...

Hi my name jeffnah its me lorenzo from last year does ben still go to your school ?

Anonymous said...

Tane mahuta

Anonymous said...

Zain do you have a fidget spinner

Post a Comment