Pages

Tuesday 7 March 2017

statistical investigation


Google map Screenshot
Screenshot 2017-03-07 at 10.17.32 AM.png
Walt:  conduct a statistical investigation.

We used google maps to determine the walking  distance to 124 Apirana Avenue. This is the entrance to the Omaru Creek that we are studying. The screenshot shows the route, distance and time from my house to the creek. If I had to walk from my house to school then the distance would be 4.8 km. And it will take me 59 minutes to get to school but in car it takes me 11 minutes. I live the Furthest from the creek. Jolie lives the closest at 550m. Harrison lives in East Tamaki so we gave him a home at the glen innes station. So it took him 550m from the train station.Next, we will be calculating the mean and the median. The average or mean distance of the 5 people in my group is 1970m. The median walking distance in the whole classroom is 10. The mode is 1.3km and 1.0km.

0 comments:

Post a Comment